Dagon Update: Two (photo heavy)

I have gotten quite a bit of work done on this since my last update. It’s been a while since I’ve worked on him because of other projects so I picked him back up this past week. He’s needed for a game soon. Here’s a bunch of photos that show what I’ve done since the last update.

From left to right then top to bottom.

  1. I started out with a dark green for the divots. This did not last long.
  2. I switched it up to a bright green as I envision Dagon as having some bio-luminescence to him.
  3. I started adding more layers of blue to the spines, this was the middle step, I used 3 blues getting progressively lighter.
  4. Primed the base.
  5. Painted up the sand and started the work to make statue(s) look like they had patina.
  6. Finished the patina.
  7. Conglomeration of all the pieces and hoping I will get it all done today. (01/16/2018)
  8. Finished base.

I’ve still got a lot to do on Dagon himself but I’m making progress. I took a quick break to post this. Now back to the painting!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: