I have gotten quite a bit of work done on this since my last update. It’s been a while since I’ve worked on him because of other projects so I picked him back up this past week. He’s needed for a game soon. Here’s a bunch of photos that show what I’ve done since the last update.
From left to right then top to bottom.
- I started out with a dark green for the divots. This did not last long.
- I switched it up to a bright green as I envision Dagon as having some bio-luminescence to him.
- I started adding more layers of blue to the spines, this was the middle step, I used 3 blues getting progressively lighter.
- Primed the base.
- Painted up the sand and started the work to make statue(s) look like they had patina.
- Finished the patina.
- Conglomeration of all the pieces and hoping I will get it all done today. (01/16/2018)
- Finished base.
I’ve still got a lot to do on Dagon himself but I’m making progress. I took a quick break to post this. Now back to the painting!