So it’s 2021 now, weird right? I will have been painting for 8 years this year and have come so far and don’t intend on stopping now. A couple posts ago I mentioned hobby resolutions. I have…many. I’m try to reign it in but it’s proving difficult.
I have two lists. One for hobby specific goals and one for hobby adjacent goals.
- Finish Ma’al Drakar
- I came very close to this last year but Stuff (TM) got in the way. This might be the year it’s done!
- Start Grimtalon
- This is a gorgeous Roc mini by Reaper Miniatures from their Bones IV Kickstarter.
- Baba Yaga’s Hut
- A house. With chicken feet. Need I say more?
- Eldritch Desert Diorama
- I’m not sure I mentioned it last year but I started a diorama later in the year. It’s going to be a black and white film noir Lovecraft-esque thing.
- Finish up Shadows of Brimstone that needs to be done.
- Start painting Forbidden Fortress.
- Finish up the minis started during ReaperCon Live 2020.
- Clear some of the Shelf of Shame.
- Participate in the Reaper Challenge League.
- I’ll come back to this in a minute.
Hobby Adjacent Goals:
- First I want to work on the blog.
- I love being able to share things with y’all and, I feel, I’m not doing it enough.
- Level up my photography skills.
- Organize minis and paint
- Lol, this may never happen well enough for me to be content.
- Update the mini inventory spreadsheet.
- Update the paint swatches and make sure they are inventoried.
Okay. That was a lot. But it is for the whole year so maybe I’ll get some things done.
Now, I mentioned the Reaper Challenge League. It’s a new thing that is happening on the Reaper Forums and Discord server. The only downside I have found is that you have to have a Discord account and be part of the server to participate.
I am going to attempt to do this for a while. I probably won’t make it the whole year with everything else I want to get done. But it’s a fun thing to try to challenge myself. It is NOT a contest. It’s purely a challenge to see how much you can get done. I’m using it to help me clear my backlog.
This is the link to the forum post with a ton more information: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93204-reaper-challenge-league-2021/
I think that’s all I’ve got for now but looking forward to bringing some exciting things to y’all this year. In the meantime be safe, happy, and healthy.